High Plains Drifter

disclaimer:  "The meteorological views/forecast thinking expressed are those solely of the author of this blog
and do not necessarily represent those of official National Weather Service forecast products,
therefore read and enjoy at your own risk and edification!"

April 30, 2010

chase trip update 4/30 8:45pm cdt

Filed under: chase mode updates — Mike U @ 8:52 pm

Just approaching Clayton now. I had a fair day of landscape + sky
photography of scattered virga showers. These provided for some
decent photographic opportunities…however the color at sunset didn’t
really pan out like I had hoped. Still got some okay images late this
afternoon through the mid-evening hours. Tomorrow is May 1, and I
will spend tomorrow afternoon at Capulin Volcano. Some additional
showers are expected to form along the Raton Mesa given the very cold
temperatures aloft, so there may be a repeat tomorrow of what I did
late this afternoon/evening. I will then head to Dodge late tomorrow
evening, as Sunday May 2nd could be a chase day across Southwest
Kansas, if this morning’s NAM model was right… 800 to 1000 J/kg CAPE
with some low level convergence amidst cold temperatures aloft. This
just may be the last hurrah for chasing/photogrpahy during my vacation
time. Monday and Tuesday I may be spending in Dodge for the end of my
vacation as the severe weather pattern is crap these days it continues
to appear.

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress